Monday, January 10, 2011

Sticky Rain

Recently I woke up with this feeling that God really wanted to tell me something, so I sat in His presence, and this is what unfolded.

As I closed my eyes I was taken into a vision of honey falling down on me like rain. 
I heard His voice say "You know they great thing about honey is that it's sticky."

Not understanding what this meant at all, I looked up verses in the bible dealing with honey and kept coming across "the land flowing with milk and honey."  Upon researching this phrase, I found that honey denotes delight.  After getting more understanding about what was going on, I reentered the vision.

This time I was dancing and laughing with my arms open wide as honey droplets fell on and around me.  That's when Jesus entered the scene and I fell into His embrace comfortable in my role as His bride.  Together we enjoyed the rain as we danced in the Father's delight. Then The worship playing from my computer burst into the vision singing "sons and daughters of the living God."  The Father in His gentle voice simply said " They're your children too."

Revelation flooded in as I understood for the first time why God has placed me in my job. As the Father pours His delight on me, I am able to pass that delight on the little ones I spend my day with.  As the Bride of Christ I love them like my own because they are His.

A Tiny Tidbit

Trusting God is like being thrown in the air by your father as a child.  Your stomach flips and you get the feeling like your going to fall, but you're not worried because your big strong Daddy would never let you fall. Your Destiny is in His hands and it might feel as though your being tossed about, you feel as though you are about to hit the floor at any moment, but Daddy God will always catch you as you let out a giggle of delight in the feeling of His strength. So enjoy the stomach flips as you look forward to the Father's arm surrounding you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment