Monday, January 30, 2012

rain on me

I just finished reading the book Heaven is for Real.  If you have not heard of it, it's about a 3-year-old boy who got to visit heaven.  I was reading about how Colton, the 3-yr-old, became obsessed with rainbows after visiting heaven.

Let me back up a little, and paint a picture of what God spoke to me then.  As a Kindergarten teacher, I have been collecting drawings given to me from my students since the beginning of school.  Now, the whole wall behind my chair is covered in 5-year-old artwork.  There are many drawings of me and of Rainbows.  And there are drawings of me under Rainbows.

These were the pictures God brought to mind, but I did not fully understand what it meant so I opened my concordance and looked for the word rainbow.  I found the verses in Revelation and then found a footnote connection to Ezekiel 1:26-28:

Now above the expanse that was over their heads there was something resembling a throne, like lapis lazuli in appearance; and on that which resembled a throne, high up, was a figure with the appearance of a man.  Then I noticed from the appearance of His loins and upward something like glowing metal that looked like fire all around within it, and from the appearance of His loins and downward I saw something like fire; and there was a radiance around Him.  As the appearance of the rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so saw the appearance of the surrounding radiance.  Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD.  And when I saw it, I fell on my face and heard a voice speaking.

I know that children see so much more than we give them credit for, but could this mean that they are seeing the Glory of the LORD reflect from me?  I was so excited I wanted to right it down right away, but I kept hearing God tell me to get in the shower.  Weird, I thought, but I finally gave in, and hopped in.  

I stepped in and let the water run through my hands and I thought about when rainbows come; after live-giving rain has fallen and satisfied the earth.  Then I heard His voice remind me that I can only reflect His glory when I spend time in His presence.

I wait on You God, rain on me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment