Saturday, September 11, 2010

I Can't Get No Satisfaction

In a country where satisfaction is never reached what does it mean to satisfied by God?  What does it mean to be satified? 

You see, before today I associated the word satisfy with getting what I needed.  I need a roof over my head, food, water, clothes, and all the rest of my humanly needs.  On top of that I need God, I need a Savior.  Well, I have all that.  So does that mean I am satisfied?  No.

The LORD will guide you always;  He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorced land and will strengthen your frame.  You will be like a well-watered garden like a spring whose waters never fail.   Isaiah 58:11
satisfy: to be fullfilled, to be filled in excess(surfeited/sated)

God is good.  He has given me my humanly needs.  But doesn't He also promise to satisfy those who don't have a roof over their head or shoes on their feet? They can't possibly say that they have been filled in excess, that their spring has never failed.

So what do I really need? What do we really need to be satisfied? 

I need a Savior who unclenches my fists, holds my hand against His face, looks deep into my eyes and says "You are Mine, forever." 
I am satisfied. 
Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment